- Cooking Time: 7
- Servings: 3 cups
- Preparation Time: 5
Backstory“When we’d finished the food, August produced four bottles of ice-cold Coca-Cola from the refrigerator, along with four little packages of salted peanuts. We watched her pop the tops off the Cokes.
‘What the heck is this?’ said June.
‘It’s Lily’s and my favorite dessert,’ August told her, smiling over at me. ‘we like to pour our peanuts straight into the bottle, but you can eat yours separately if you prefer.'" -Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees
- 3 cups nuts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) for 4 to 7 minutes or until nuts are toasted, stirring halfway through cooking time. Spread nuts on foil to cool.
- Add M&M's, raisins, pretzels, etc. to make it more like a trail mix.
- Eat as a study snack or when you have friends over in your dorm.