- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 to 3 tbsp canola oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 package Sunbird Honey Sesame Chicken Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews (whole or chopped, your preference)
- 8 oz crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits( if desired)
- Cut Chicken breasts into one inch cubes. Brown in skillet in canola oil over medium heat. Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, place Seasoning Mix. Add water and brown sugar. Mix well. Add sesame seeds, sesame oil, chopped green onion, and red pepper flakes. Mix well. Add cashews. Set aside. When chicken is browned, drain oil and leave chicken in skillet. Pour seasoning marinade over chicken and mix well. Bring back to a good simmer over medium heat and simmer for 7 minutes. If using pineapple, add about 2 or 3 minutes from being done, just to warm it. Mix well.
- Serve over rice or chow mein noodles.
NotesThis recipe comes from a great friend of mine, Charli! Photo by me! I double the recipe to feed four. I serve over white rice. Don't use the recipe on the back of the seasoning packets, use these directions. Packets can be found in the taco/rice/seasoning section of the store.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More