- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2¼ pounds jumbo shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2¼-inch thick piece of ginger root, sliced
- 3 green onions, each cut into two pieces – white part and green part
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1. Using the side of a cleaver, crush garlic, flatten ginger slices, and white part of green onions.
- 2. Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl; whisk until honey dissolves. Stir in the shrimp and marinate 30 minutes. While shrimp are marinating, chop green part of green onions.
- 3. Preheat grill or broiler to high.
- 4. Drain shrimp in a strainer over a saucepan. Boil marinade until thick and syrupy, about 4 minutes.
- 5. Thread shrimp onto skewers; place on grill and cook through, about 2 minutes per side, basting with marinade. Transfer to a platter.
- 6. Sprinkle with chopped green parts of green onions and sesame seeds
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Austin Personal Training Recipes
The Naked MacaronSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More