HONEY SESAME GRILLED SHRIMP
- 2¼ pounds jumbo shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2¼-inch thick piece of ginger root, sliced
- 3 green onions, each cut into two pieces – white part and green part
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine or dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
1. Using the side of a cleaver, crush garlic, flatten ginger slices, and white part of green onions.
2. Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl; whisk until honey dissolves. Stir in the shrimp and marinate 30 minutes. While shrimp are marinating, chop green part of green onions.
3. Preheat grill or broiler to high.
4. Drain shrimp in a strainer over a saucepan. Boil marinade until thick and syrupy, about 4 minutes.
5. Thread shrimp onto skewers; place on grill and cook through, about 2 minutes per side, basting with marinade. Transfer to a platter.
6. Sprinkle with chopped green parts of green onions and sesame seeds