HONEY TERIYAKI VEGETABLES
Honey Teriyaki Vegetables
- Servings: 4 (2 in my household)
- 2 tsp peanut or safflower oil
- 1 bunch of radishes, trimmed, and halved lengthwise
- 4 carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch of scallions, halved crosswise
- 1 cup snowpeas, halved lengthwise, about 4 oz
- 1 TBS sesame seeds, toasted in a dry skillet, to serve
- 1 TBS honey
- 2 TBS teriyaki sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
To make the dressing, put the honey and teriyaki sauce in a small bowl and mix. Add black pepper to taste.
Put the oil in a wok (I just use a large saute pan) and heat until hot. Add the vegetables and 2 TBS water and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, until the vegetables are just heated through but still crisp. Transfer to a warm serving dish.
Reduce the heat, add the dressing to the wok and heat it through gently until just warm. Pour the dressing over the vegetables, sprinkle with the sesame seeds, and serve.