- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c. butter
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3 ripe bananas (or 2 large)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or white, or both, I used 1 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- chopped walnuts
- Butter a 9-inch loaf pan and coat with flour, preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat the butter with sugar using a mixer. Mash the bananas, add them and the eggs to the butter/sugar mixture, and blend well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt, mix well.
- Pour batter into pan. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake 1 hour (until bread starts to pull away from pan). Let sit for 5-10 minutes in pan, then remove and place on rack to cool
NotesI used to pick up bananas with every meal at school just because they came with it, and eventually I ended up with a mass of old-ish bananas and nothing to do with them. So I searched for different banana bread recipes, made adjustments and combined them, added my own little details, and came up with this
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More