HONEY WALNUT SHRIMP
- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup mochiko (glutinous rice flour)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Stir together the water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet to dry.
- Whip egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Stir in the mochiko until it has a pasty consistency.
- Heat the oil in a heavy deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip shrimp into the mochiko batter, and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- In a medium serving bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey and sweetened condensed milk. Add shrimp and toss to coat with the sauce. Sprinkle the candied walnuts on top and serve.