- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 18 slices
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryI thought banana bread would be the ideal thing to make healthy. This came out very moist. Heavy, not Too crumbly, but still sweet enough to be a treat.
Bananas shouldn't be all yellow (or green) to make a bread that tastes strongly enough of banana! I let the one that got brown go REALLY brown, then throw it in the freezer. Then when I have 3 or more and feel like making banana bread there they are!
- 3 large black old pungent bananas mashed
- 1 TB Butter
- 1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 C dark honey
- 1 egg
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Add 1-2 TB sugar if you want it sweeter.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Oil or butter up a bread pan.
- Mash bananas and let sit.
- Mix butter, applesauce and honey.
- Add egg and lemon juice.
- Sift the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just moistened, some lumps are okay.
- Bake an hour at 350.