- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add honey, and stir well. Mix in whole wheat flour, salt, and vegetable oil. Work all-purpose flour in gradually. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead for at least 10 to 15 minutes. When dough is smooth and elastic, place it in a well oiled bowl. Turn it several times in the bowl to coat the surface of the dough, and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
- Punch down the dough. Shape into two loaves, and place into two well greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise until dough is 1 to 1 1/2 inches above pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes
NotesThis is the first yeast bread I made. I just started searching allrecipes.com, looked for one with lots of good reviews and tips, and chose this one. Its so yummy, and I thought it wasn't too hard. I always double the amount of honey because i love how sweet it gets. If you slice it really thick and make it into french toast...it's like heaven.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More