- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 2 pizzas
- Preparation Time: 75 minutes
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In mixing bowl, combine water, oil, honey and yeast. Let mixture stand for 5-10 minutes or until it starts to foam.
- Add flour and salt to bowl.
- Using the dough hook on your mixer, knead the dough for about 5 minutes (alternately, mix the flour into the dough with a wooden spoon, turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead by hand for 5 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic).
- Place the dough into an oiled bowl and turn it over so that the top of the dough has a bit of oil on it.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and set in a warm area. Let dough rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and divide in half.
- Press each half into a 10" round and top with your favorite toppings.
- Bake pizzas on a pizza stone in an oven that has been pre-heated to 450 degrees F. for about 8-10 minutes.
- If, like me, you have lost track of your pizza stone, use the back of a cookie sheet.
NotesIn an effort to eat healthier, I tweaked a pizza dough recipe to include some whole wheat flour. The result was so good that a friend of my daughter's raved about it for 10 minutes. LOL