- Cooking Time: 35
- Preparation Time: 180
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 310ml warm water 1 sachet (7g) dried yeast
- 50g butter, melted
- 300g plain white flour
- 215g wholemeal flour
- 11/2 teaspoons salt
- 100g walnut halves, toasted, finely chopped
- Step 1.
- Combine the honey and water in a small bowl. Sprinkle with the yeast. Set aside until foaming. Stir in the butter.
- Step 2
- Add the combined flour, salt and walnut to the yeast mixture. Use a wooden spoon to stir until combined, then use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
- Step 3
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside until the dough has doubled in size.
- Step 4
- Make two dough halves that are equal in size. Shape 1 dough into a a 35cm-long loaf. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Step 5
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a large baking tray with oil to lightly grease. Place the loaves, about 5cm apart, on the prepared tray. Cover loosely with a tea towel. Set aside to prove until the loaves rise slightly.
- Step 6
- Use kitchen scissors (or knife) to cut 6 slashes diagonally in the top of each loaf. Brush all over with the milk. Bake for 35 minutes or until the loaves are golden and sound hollow when tapped on the base. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
NotesI found this bread recipe online and have put my own little twist on it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More