- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1.5 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
- a little buttermilk and sugar for topping, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a baking sheet.
- Sift together whole wheat and AP flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in sugar and oats.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender (or use a food processor) until pea-sized.
- Add honey.
- Stir in buttermilk until a dough forms (you may need a little less than 1/2 cup).
- Knead dough onto a flour surface 8 or 10 times.
- Roll and cut the scones any way you like (I used a biscuit cutter; you could just make a circle and cut 8 wedges out of it).
- Brush scones with buttermilk and sprinkle sugar on top, if desired.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until done.
NotesThese are not only delicious, they are actually pretty healthy!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Watt's Cooking in PA?
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More