- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 fully cooked shank half ham with bone
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- dash ground ginger
- dash ground allspice
- First slice your ham into very thin slices. Do not cut all the way down to the bone or the meat might not hold together.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, paprika, ginger and allspice in a small bowl.
- Lay a few pieces of foil onto the counter. Place the ham onto the foil.
- Pour the mixture over the ham, rotating the ham as you go.
- Place the ham onto a serving dish.
- Use a blow torch with a medium size flame to caramelize the sugar.
- If you do not have a blow torch place in the oven for a few minutes until sugar is caramelized.
- Repeat process until ham has been well glazed.