- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Frozen French fries
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups grated sharp Cheddar or Colby cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 slices bread
- Cooked meat (ham, hamburger, corned beef,
- chicken, bacon, shrimp, turkey, etc.)
- Dash of paprika
- Prepare frozen French fries according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare cheese sauce by first beating egg yolks and beer together.
- Melt butter and cheese together over boiling water, stirring in one direction only with wooden spoon.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stirring constantly, add beer/egg mixture to cheese mixture a little at a time. Keep mixture hot as you stir, but don't let it bubble.
- Meanwhile, toast bread.
- Meanwhile, preheat platter. Place toast on platter. Place meat atop toast. Cover meat with cheese sauce. Circle platter with French fries. Add dash of paprika.
- Makes 1 serving.
NotesTwo local chefs created the Springfield Horseshoe Sandwich in 1928 at the Leland Hotel in Springfield, Illinois.
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More