- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Frozen French fries
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups grated sharp Cheddar or Colby cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 slices bread
- Cooked meat (ham, hamburger, corned beef,
- chicken, bacon, shrimp, turkey, etc.)
- Dash of paprika
- Prepare frozen French fries according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prepare cheese sauce by first beating egg yolks and beer together.
- Melt butter and cheese together over boiling water, stirring in one direction only with wooden spoon.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Stirring constantly, add beer/egg mixture to cheese mixture a little at a time. Keep mixture hot as you stir, but don't let it bubble.
- Meanwhile, toast bread.
- Meanwhile, preheat platter. Place toast on platter. Place meat atop toast. Cover meat with cheese sauce. Circle platter with French fries. Add dash of paprika.
- Makes 1 serving.
NotesTwo local chefs created the Springfield Horseshoe Sandwich in 1928 at the Leland Hotel in Springfield, Illinois.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More