- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
- 1 very large red pepper
- 1/2 cup (1/2 pouch) BOCA Ground Burger (or 1 BOCA Original Meatless Burger*); defrosted
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning mix; dry
- 1/4 cup canned tomato sauce**
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. If using the Boca patty, chop it up into very small pieces. Stir to combine all ingredients except for the pepper; set aside. Slice the top off of the pepper and then slice it in half lengthwise; remove seeds, wash and dry. Place pepper halves in a small baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray and cook for 15 minutes. Next, remove pepper halves from oven and reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Evenly spoon mixture into pepper halves and return to oven for 20 more minutes. Allow to cool slightly before digging in. Serves 1.
- HG Alternative! Downsize this yum-tastic dish by using a medium-large pepper and omitting the rice. Nutritionals would then be 190 calories, 1.25g fat, and 7.75g fiber (3 Points).
NotesPrepare to get seriously stuffed. Like this pepper...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More