- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 12 whole allspice berries
- 4 cinnamon sticks, each 3 inches long
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 small red apple, cored and cut into wedges
- In a medium-size saucepan, bring the cider, cranberry juice cocktail, orange juice, honey, allspice berries, cinnamon sticks, whole nutmeg, and orange rind to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add apple wedges and simmer for 3 minutes more.
- Strain cider through a tea strainer or a sieve lined with 100% cotton cheesecloth into a large heat-proof pitcher.
- Stir gently. To serve, pour into glass mugs. Garnish each serving with cinnamon sticks.
NotesDouble the ingredients (not the spices) if you're serving more then 4 people.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Simple Recipes that Work
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More