- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 whole red potatoes, washed
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 lb bacon
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- polish kielbasa sausage, cooked & sliced on bias
- Cook potatoes in boiling water. Peel & cut in slices. Place in mixing bowl.
- -- Dice & fry bacon until almost crisp. Add to mixing bowl.
- -- Saute diced onion in bacon fat and add to mixing bowl.
- -- In remaining bacon fat, add the flour and cook until smooth and bubbly. Add a touch of butter if there is not enough bacon fat.
- -- When roux is formed, add vinegar, sugar, salt and water to make a medium sauce. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- -- Pour sauce over ingredients in mixing bowl, toss and mix to combine.
- -- Add salt to taste if desired. Top with sliced cooked sausage. Serves 4.
NotesFor my cooking club's Hungarian pot luck, I brought this in and it was a hit!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More