- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 whole red potatoes, washed
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 lb bacon
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- polish kielbasa sausage, cooked & sliced on bias
- Cook potatoes in boiling water. Peel & cut in slices. Place in mixing bowl.
- -- Dice & fry bacon until almost crisp. Add to mixing bowl.
- -- Saute diced onion in bacon fat and add to mixing bowl.
- -- In remaining bacon fat, add the flour and cook until smooth and bubbly. Add a touch of butter if there is not enough bacon fat.
- -- When roux is formed, add vinegar, sugar, salt and water to make a medium sauce. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- -- Pour sauce over ingredients in mixing bowl, toss and mix to combine.
- -- Add salt to taste if desired. Top with sliced cooked sausage. Serves 4.
NotesFor my cooking club's Hungarian pot luck, I brought this in and it was a hit!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More