- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Cheese sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 slices turkey or chicken breast
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices broiled bacon
- 4 slices toast
- 1 cup cheese sauce (See below)
- Mushrooms, cooked
- Make cheese cauce. Set aside
- Melt butter; add flour to make a paste.
- Add salt, milk and cheese;cook over moderate heat until thick and creamy.
- Keep hot.
- Remove crust from toast and cut in triangles.
- Lightly salt and pepper tomatoes.
- Place 2 slices (4 triangles) of toast to each of the 2 ovenproof platters.
- Put slices of turkey or chicken on the toast and poor the hot cheese over them.
- Place the tomatoes on the sauce. Place the dishes under the broiler until the tomatoes have broiled lightly and the sauce bubbles.
- Garnish with bacon and mushrooms.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More