- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Cheese sauce:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 slices turkey or chicken breast
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices broiled bacon
- 4 slices toast
- 1 cup cheese sauce (See below)
- Mushrooms, cooked
- Make cheese cauce. Set aside
- Melt butter; add flour to make a paste.
- Add salt, milk and cheese;cook over moderate heat until thick and creamy.
- Keep hot.
- Remove crust from toast and cut in triangles.
- Lightly salt and pepper tomatoes.
- Place 2 slices (4 triangles) of toast to each of the 2 ovenproof platters.
- Put slices of turkey or chicken on the toast and poor the hot cheese over them.
- Place the tomatoes on the sauce. Place the dishes under the broiler until the tomatoes have broiled lightly and the sauce bubbles.
- Garnish with bacon and mushrooms.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More