- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryDazzle your guests with a rich and indulgent lightly spiced and rum-flavored cheesecake
Source: Betty Crocker
- 1 cup finely crushed shortbread cookies (about 10 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix crushed cookies, brown sugar and butter. Press firmly in bottom of ungreased springform pan, 9x3 inches.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, whipping cream, rum extract, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Beat in eggs on low speed until well blended. Pour over crust; smooth top.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes. Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on wire rack away from drafts 30 minutes.
- Without releasing or removing side of pan, run metal spatula carefully along side of cheesecake to loosen.
- Refrigerate uncovered about 3 hours or until chilled; cover and continue refrigerating at least 9 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
- Run metal spatula along side of cheesecake to loosen again; remove side of pan.
- Store cheesecake covered in refrigerator.
- Tip: After baking, the cheesecake may not appear to be done; if a small area in the center seems soft, it will become firm as the cheesecake cools. Do not insert a knife to test for doneness because the hole could cause the cheesecake to crack.
- Special Touch: Top cheesecake with purchased caramel topping and garnished with toasted pecan halves.
- Prep Time:30 min
- Start to Finish:14 hr 55 min
- Makes:16 to 20 servings