- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup finely crushed shortbread cookies (about 10 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix crushed cookies, brown sugar and butter. Press firmly in bottom of ungreased springform pan, 9x3 inches.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, whipping cream, rum extract, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg with electric mixer on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth.
- Beat in eggs on low speed until well blended. Pour over crust; smooth top.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 25 minutes. Turn off oven; leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan on wire rack away from drafts 30 minutes.
- Without releasing or removing side of pan, run metal spatula carefully along side of cheesecake to loosen.
- Refrigerate uncovered about 3 hours or until chilled; cover and continue refrigerating at least 9 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
- Run metal spatula along side of cheesecake to loosen again; remove side of pan.
- Store cheesecake covered in refrigerator.
- Tip: After baking, the cheesecake may not appear to be done; if a small area in the center seems soft, it will become firm as the cheesecake cools. Do not insert a knife to test for doneness because the hole could cause the cheesecake to crack.
- Special Touch: Top cheesecake with purchased caramel topping and garnished with toasted pecan halves.
- Prep Time:30 min
- Start to Finish:14 hr 55 min
- Makes:16 to 20 servings
NotesDazzle your guests with a rich and indulgent lightly spiced and rum-flavored cheesecake
Source: Betty Crocker
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More