- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup brewed espresso, cooled
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Smoked Sea Salt (garnish)
- Combine espresso and milk in a pourable container. In a medium, heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk until well blended. Pour in about ½ the espresso mixture and whisk until the is smooth. Gradually whisk is the remaining milk until mixture is lump free and smooth.
- Heat over medium-high heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute (be sure to stir so bottom doesn't burn) and then remove from the heat. Add the chocolate and vanilla and whisk until the chocolate is melted and the pudding is smooth. Pour into serving mugs. Top with whipped cream and a pinch of smoked sea salt.
NotesI can rarely hold off on digging into chocolate pudding while it's still hot. I actually think it's better that way, although you can definitely enjoy this cold, it's meant to be served as a smooth and creamy, soul-warming balm in a cup ;) This pudding is intended to be a bit thinner then your normal pudding consistency.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More