- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 7 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (3/4 cup for sweeter version)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- Simmer water, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a pan over moderate heat.
- Stir until lumps have dissolved. (about 3 minutes.)
- Add milk to ingredients.
- Stir and bring slowly to a simmer (about 5 minutes)
- Add vanilla just before serving.
NotesI have been playing around with hot chocolate recipes for awhile now, and really enjoy this one. I use vanilla soy milk, but regular milk can be substituted. It may be a little less sweet that way though.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More