- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 7 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (3/4 cup for sweeter version)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- Simmer water, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a pan over moderate heat.
- Stir until lumps have dissolved. (about 3 minutes.)
- Add milk to ingredients.
- Stir and bring slowly to a simmer (about 5 minutes)
- Add vanilla just before serving.
NotesI have been playing around with hot chocolate recipes for awhile now, and really enjoy this one. I use vanilla soy milk, but regular milk can be substituted. It may be a little less sweet that way though.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Babette's Test Kitchen
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More