- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10 minutes
- Preparation Time: 7 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (3/4 cup for sweeter version)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- Simmer water, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a pan over moderate heat.
- Stir until lumps have dissolved. (about 3 minutes.)
- Add milk to ingredients.
- Stir and bring slowly to a simmer (about 5 minutes)
- Add vanilla just before serving.
NotesI have been playing around with hot chocolate recipes for awhile now, and really enjoy this one. I use vanilla soy milk, but regular milk can be substituted. It may be a little less sweet that way though.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More