- Cooking Time: 30 - 35
- Servings: Depends
- Preparation Time: 10
Backstory"I need to make a dessert" I said one night.... "But there is nothing in the cupboard", the cupboard was bare... (Now this is starting to sound like a really bad children's story). So I though, "Lets Experiment, Some great things are found this way, like plutonium...." In hindsight that was a bad example to think of... So I set about making a "make-shift" bread and butter pudding. It turned out pretty good actually and if you get your timings right then it comes out at the right consistency.
- 6 Hot Cross Buns
- 25g Butter
- 75g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Large Eggs
- 250ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- Heat the oven to 170C (Gas 3) or 325F.
- Cut the hot cross buns in half and butter the cut sides.
- Sprinkle with half of the chocolate chips and sandwich together again.
- Once done place in a baking dish.
- Beat the egg, milk and sugar together ad pour over.
- Scatter with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 30-35 minutes (NYO) until just set.