- Cooking Time: 30 - 35
- Servings: Depends
- Preparation Time: 10
- 6 Hot Cross Buns
- 25g Butter
- 75g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Large Eggs
- 250ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- Heat the oven to 170C (Gas 3) or 325F.
- Cut the hot cross buns in half and butter the cut sides.
- Sprinkle with half of the chocolate chips and sandwich together again.
- Once done place in a baking dish.
- Beat the egg, milk and sugar together ad pour over.
- Scatter with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 30-35 minutes (NYO) until just set.
Notes"I need to make a dessert" I said one night.... "But there is nothing in the cupboard", the cupboard was bare... (Now this is starting to sound like a really bad children's story). So I though, "Lets Experiment, Some great things are found this way, like plutonium...." In hindsight that was a bad example to think of... So I set about making a "make-shift" bread and butter pudding. It turned out pretty good actually and if you get your timings right then it comes out at the right consistency.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More