- Cooking Time: 20 mins
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30 mins
- 18 Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- flour, if necessary
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Combine rolls and press or roll to flatten.
- Combine sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Sprinkle flattened dough with 1/3 of the sugar mixture and 1/3 of the cranberries or raisins.
- Fold dough over on itself and flatten again.
- Repeat the sugar and cranberries process and fold over again.
- Repeat one more time.
- Knead the dough as necessary to completely incorporate the added ingredients.
- If dough becomes too sticky, sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Shape into a log and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball and place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until almost double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Mix ingredients for frosting and frost rolls.
NotesThese delicious Hot Cross Buns are the perfect addition to your Easter Meals.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More