- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour,
- 3/4 cup sugar,
- 2 tsp baking powder,
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon,
- 1/8 tsp allspice,
- 1 cup milk,
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup melted & cooled butter or margarine,
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel,
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel,
- 1 cup currants
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar,
- 1.1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice, or water
- Preheat oven to 375oF, prepare pans. In a bowl combine first 6 ingredients. In another bowl stir together rest of ingredients except currants. Add dry mix to wet mix until just combined, stir in currants. Spoon into pans & bake
- for 15-20 minutes or until done. Cool 5 minutes before removing muffins from pans.
- For glaze, combine ingredients & drizzle over each muffin to form a cross. Serve warm.
- Makes 12.
- These muffins freeze well. An easy to make substitute for hot cross buns
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Summertime SippersSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More