- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour,
- 3/4 cup sugar,
- 2 tsp baking powder,
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon,
- 1/8 tsp allspice,
- 1 cup milk,
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1/2 cup melted & cooled butter or margarine,
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp grated orange peel,
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel,
- 1 cup currants
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar,
- 1.1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon or orange juice, or water
- Preheat oven to 375oF, prepare pans. In a bowl combine first 6 ingredients. In another bowl stir together rest of ingredients except currants. Add dry mix to wet mix until just combined, stir in currants. Spoon into pans & bake
- for 15-20 minutes or until done. Cool 5 minutes before removing muffins from pans.
- For glaze, combine ingredients & drizzle over each muffin to form a cross. Serve warm.
- Makes 12.
- These muffins freeze well. An easy to make substitute for hot cross buns
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Nanci's World Famous Cannoli
Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad
Cinnamon Red Hot PicklesSee More