- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 premade pound cake
- 2 twinkies
- Chocolate frosting
- Red gel frosting
- Green jelly candies (I used Lifesaver Sour Gummies)
- To assemble:
- For the Bun: cut out the middle of the pound cake so that the twinkies will fit in the middle. Cut it in a whole piece as you'll be using the cut-out pound cake to make your fries.
- For the Hot Dog: take two twinkies (you may have to cut a bit off of one to make it fit the "bun") and place them end to end. Frost them hot dog color (mix choc. frosting with red gel frosting until you get the right shade). Place the "hot dog" inside the "bun".
- For the Fries: Cut the piece of cut-out pound cake into strips to resemble french fries and place on your serving tray next to your "hot dog".
- Toppings: Ketchup is simply red gel frosting squirted over the hot dog and fries. Pickle relish is cut up green jelly candies.
- Last step: Don't tell anyone how easy it was! :-)
NotesI recently made this cake for our school cake walk and it came in first place. What no one knows though is that it takes about 15 minutes to make the entire thing!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Adventures in Cooking
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More