- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 (8oz) package assorted dried fruit, cut up*
- 1-1 1/2 cups white or zinfandel wine
- 1 (20 oz) can chunk pineapple
- 1 (20 oz) can cherry pie filling
- *I like to add 5 or 6 additional prunes since there never enough in the bag.
- Place cut up dried fruit in a 2 QT casserole dish.
- Pour enough wine over the fruit to just cover it. Refrigerate the fruit for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pour the can of pineapple (with juice) over the fruit.
- Spread the cherry pie filling over the pineapple.
- Cover and bake for 45-60 minutes.
NotesEvery holiday meal, as far back as I can remember, has included this hot fruit compote. It is as important to the meal as the jellied cranberry goo from a can. Any leftovers can be re-heated or served cold. I tried for a family picture to go with this recipe, but noone could stop chewing long enough for me to snap the picture....the actual fruit compote was much more cooperative!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More