HOT FRUIT COMPOTE
Hot Fruit Compote
- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 (8oz) package assorted dried fruit, cut up*
- 1-1 1/2 cups white or zinfandel wine
- 1 (20 oz) can chunk pineapple
- 1 (20 oz) can cherry pie filling
- *I like to add 5 or 6 additional prunes since there never enough in the bag.
Place cut up dried fruit in a 2 QT casserole dish.
Pour enough wine over the fruit to just cover it. Refrigerate the fruit for several hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour the can of pineapple (with juice) over the fruit.
Spread the cherry pie filling over the pineapple.
Cover and bake for 45-60 minutes.