- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 Tbls butter or margerine, softened
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 C flour
- 2 Tbls Hershey's powdered cocoa (not cocoa mix)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Hershey's powdered cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups BOILING water
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, butter and milk.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Add walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking pan.
- Combine dry topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Pour water over all. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Cool for ten minutes.
- Spoon some of the sauce from the bottom, over each serving.
- Top with ice cream if desired.
NotesThis is my friend Gina's recipe. She has some BIG boys at home and this definitely satisfies!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More