- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is my friend Gina's recipe. She has some BIG boys at home and this definitely satisfies!
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 Tbls butter or margerine, softened
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 C flour
- 2 Tbls Hershey's powdered cocoa (not cocoa mix)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Hershey's powdered cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups BOILING water
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar, butter and milk.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Add walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking pan.
- Combine dry topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter.
- Pour water over all. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.
- Cool for ten minutes.
- Spoon some of the sauce from the bottom, over each serving.
- Top with ice cream if desired.