- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 8-12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 medioum potatoes, cooked and cubed. Preferably new red potatoes.
- 1 large can cut green beans, drained, or a quart from the freezer
- 2 T. bacon fat
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 1/8 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. dry mustard
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 T. minced onion, preferably red
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- Mix all the ingrediants except the bacon, onion and mayonnaise in a 2 quart casserole. Heat, uncovered at 325 degres F. for 20 minutes or microwave 5 minutes. When completely heated, add bacon, onion and mayonnaise, tossing before serving. If you are taking this dish to a potluck, heat onsite and toss with the bacon, onion and mayonnaise right before serving.
NotesThis recipe is great for a potluck. In Iowa, potlucks and funerals often have many jello based salads, so a good vegetable salad that is great at room temperature is a favorite. This dish is always placed on the family table at a funeral. And for all of you that don't have any idea about rural funerals, that is the ultimate compliment to a recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Social CookbookSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More