- Cooking Time: 15-20 min.
- Preparation Time: 5 min.
BackstoryThis is another great recipe that I found from Melanie at My Kitchen Cafe. In the summer, we tend to make a lot of sandwiches. This one is different and you eat it hot from the oven. It doesn't have to cook for too long, so your house shouldn't get too hot. However, I think you could even cook this on your outdoor grill if you wanted to. Just cook it until is all melted. I loved this sandwich. Only thing I may do next time is pump up the garlic just a little bit. My family really loves garlic.
- 1 loaf french bread, cut lengthwise
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (I used medium cheddar)
- Olives, chopped (left these out because I am the only one that likes them)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place french bread on large baking sheet. Mix all topping ingredients together in a bowl. Spread topping evenly on top of both lengths of french bread. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.