- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe screams " Christmas". It is rich and elegant and is perfect for this time of the year, when we allow ourselves to indulge. The recipe says to slice the mushrooms, but depending on what sized dippers you will be using, use them(dippers) as a guide line for the size.
- 4 slices of fried bacon, reserve 2 Tbs of fat.
- 1/2 pound of sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-oz cream cheese
- 2 Tsp worcestershire sauce and soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Saute the mushrooms, garlic and onion in 2 Tsp. of reserved bacon fat.
- Mix in salt and pepper and flour. Mix well.
- Add the cream cheese, soy sauce & worcestershire sauce.
- Heat till the cheese melts.
- Stir in the sour cream and crumbled bacon. Mix.
- Serve warm with crackers of choice or toasted Pita bread.