- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 slices of fried bacon, reserve 2 Tbs of fat.
- 1/2 pound of sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-oz cream cheese
- 2 Tsp worcestershire sauce and soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Saute the mushrooms, garlic and onion in 2 Tsp. of reserved bacon fat.
- Mix in salt and pepper and flour. Mix well.
- Add the cream cheese, soy sauce & worcestershire sauce.
- Heat till the cheese melts.
- Stir in the sour cream and crumbled bacon. Mix.
- Serve warm with crackers of choice or toasted Pita bread.
NotesThis recipe screams " Christmas". It is rich and elegant and is perfect for this time of the year, when we allow ourselves to indulge. The recipe says to slice the mushrooms, but depending on what sized dippers you will be using, use them(dippers) as a guide line for the size.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Summertime SippersSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More