- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup minced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup minced hot red pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 oz. liquid pectin
- Combine the peppers, vinegar, and sugar in a non-aluminum saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and boil gently for 5-7 min.
- Remove from the heat and skim off any foam.
- Stir in the pectin and pour into sterilized jars. Seal immediately or cool and cover with paraffin.
- Makes 8 Half Pints
NotesMy cousin used to make this and combine with cream cheese for the best hors d'oeuevres!
Great (jelly only) with chicken or lamb; Glaze grilled baby back ribs with this jelly during the last 15 min. of cooking.
Note: If only green hot peppers are available, use a red rather then a green bell pepper.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More