- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb hot pan sausage
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely diced
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 cups dry, cubed bread
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp crushed parsley flakes
- Cook crumbled sausage. Drain. Stir in the onion, garlic, celery and continue to cook over medium heat. Add the apples. Add the butter and half of the herbs and continue to cook, stirring frequently. After the vegetables have softened, add the cooking wine and cider, stir well. Increase the heat and cook until the liquid has almost evaporated.
- Combine the bread and sausage mixture in a bowl.
- Mix egg with broth and add to sausage mixture. Mix well, using your hands. Add the parsley, and the remaining thyme and sage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into greased baking dish. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More