- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (3 turns of the pan)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil (several drops)
- coarse salt
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry skillet over medium heat, tossing frequently, until golden, about 4 minutes. Cook the beans in 2 inches of boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet until the oil shimmers and smokes. Add the beans and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until they begin to caramelize and brown at the edges. Add the crushed red pepper, sesame oil, coarse salt and toasted sesame seeds. Toss a minute more. Remove from the heat and serve.
- Contributor: www.rachaelraymag.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More