- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds spinach, cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 ounces reduced-fat bar cream cheese
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Baguette slices, breadsticks, or crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat oil over medium.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add spinach in two additions, letting the first batch wilt before adding the next; cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
- In the same pot, warm milk over high heat.
- Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1/4 cup mozzarella; stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot with accompaniments, as desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More