HOT SPINACH DIP
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, plus more for baking dish
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds spinach, cleaned, trimmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 ounces reduced-fat bar cream cheese
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Baguette slices, breadsticks, or crackers, for serving
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat oil over medium.
Add onion and garlic; cook until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
Add spinach in two additions, letting the first batch wilt before adding the next; cook until completely wilted, 5 to 8 minutes.
Transfer to a colander; drain, pressing to release all excess liquid.
In the same pot, warm milk over high heat.
Whisk in cream cheese until melted, about 3 minutes.
Add spinach, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and 1/4 cup mozzarella; stir to combine.
Season with salt and pepper.
Pour into a lightly oiled 1 1/2-quart shallow baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Serve hot with accompaniments, as desired.