- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time: 8
- 4 c.tomato juice, divided
- 3/4 c. cornmeal
- 2 Tablesp. cumin, divided
- 2 Tablesp. chili powder, divided
- 3/4 teasp. salt divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teasp. cayenne pepper(want spicier, use more)
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup tomato juice, cornmeal, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic and cayenne.
- Add the beef and sausage, mix well.
- Shape into small balls.
- In a Dutch oven, combine remaining tomato juice, cumin, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- I'm sure this recipe could be adapted to a slow cooker.
NotesIt's Super Bowl Party time and time to get out those appitezer recipes!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More