- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time: 8
- 4 c.tomato juice, divided
- 3/4 c. cornmeal
- 2 Tablesp. cumin, divided
- 2 Tablesp. chili powder, divided
- 3/4 teasp. salt divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teasp. cayenne pepper(want spicier, use more)
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup tomato juice, cornmeal, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic and cayenne.
- Add the beef and sausage, mix well.
- Shape into small balls.
- In a Dutch oven, combine remaining tomato juice, cumin, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- I'm sure this recipe could be adapted to a slow cooker.
NotesIt's Super Bowl Party time and time to get out those appitezer recipes!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More