- Cooking Time: 45
- Preparation Time: 8
- 4 c.tomato juice, divided
- 3/4 c. cornmeal
- 2 Tablesp. cumin, divided
- 2 Tablesp. chili powder, divided
- 3/4 teasp. salt divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teasp. cayenne pepper(want spicier, use more)
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage
- In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup tomato juice, cornmeal, 1 tablespoon cumin, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, garlic and cayenne.
- Add the beef and sausage, mix well.
- Shape into small balls.
- In a Dutch oven, combine remaining tomato juice, cumin, chili powder and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- I'm sure this recipe could be adapted to a slow cooker.
NotesIt's Super Bowl Party time and time to get out those appitezer recipes!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Adventures in Cooking
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More