Hot Tamale Soup
1 lb ground beef
1 onion , chopped
1 green bell pepper , chopped
2 cloves garlic , chopped
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 pinch ground cinnamon
3 cups chicken broth
1 (14 ounces) can tomatoes , chopped,with juice
12 purchased tamales , 3 ounces each
1 (15 ounces) can pinto beans , rinsed,drained
1 cup frozen corn kernel
1. Cook first four ingredients over medium-high heat, breaking up meat until browned; Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne and cinnamon and cook 1 minute.
2. Add broth and tomatoes with juice.
3. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, heat tamales according to package instructions.
5. Stir beans and corn into soup; Simmer until corn is just heated through, about 3 minutes.
6. Place 2 tamales into each of 6 bowls.
7. Sprinkle with cheese and sour cream and serve.
40 minutes ( 10 mins prep time, 30 mins cook time )