- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 green bell pepper , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounces) can tomatoes , chopped,with juice
- 12 purchased tamales , 3 ounces each
- 1 (15 ounces) can pinto beans , rinsed,drained
- 1 cup frozen corn kernel
- shredded cheddar
- sour cream
- 1. Cook first four ingredients over medium-high heat, breaking up meat until browned; Add chili powder, cumin, cayenne and cinnamon and cook 1 minute.
- 2. Add broth and tomatoes with juice.
- 3. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, heat tamales according to package instructions.
- 5. Stir beans and corn into soup; Simmer until corn is just heated through, about 3 minutes.
- 6. Place 2 tamales into each of 6 bowls.
- 7. Sprinkle with cheese and sour cream and serve.
- 6 servings
- 40 minutes ( 10 mins prep time, 30 mins cook time )
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More