HOT THAI CURRIED CHICKEN WITH COCONUT MILK AND AVOCADOS
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1-2 tablespoons curry paste
- 4 cans (13.5 ounces each) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 avocados
- Mash oil and curry paste together in a large wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add a few tablespoons coconut milk and continue stirring to thin curry paste. Add more coconut milk and stir together well. When curry paste is well blended in, add the rest of the coconut milk and turn heat up to medium-high to bring to a boil. Add sugar and chicken broth. Boil vigorously for a minute, then turn down slightly to a gentle, steady boil to reduce. Boil gently, stirring frequently, and reduce to about 3 cups of noticeably thicker sauce. Even in a large wok, this reduction will take about 30 minutes — longer if you don’t keep it at a slow, steady boil.
- # Cut chicken breasts across the grain at a slight angle into 1/2-inch slices. When sauce is reduced, add chicken breast slices and bring back to a boil. Turn heat to medium, simmer 2 minutes and remove from the heat. Let stand uncovered in the hot wok about 4 minutes to finish cooking.
- # Meanwhile, peel and slice the avocados. Arrange the slices over the botton of a serving platter. Pour the chicken and sauce over the avocados. Serve hot over rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More