- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Hot and Sour Cabbage Soup
- Servings: Makes 4 servings
- ¾ teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 8 ounces Napa cabbage, cut crosswise
- 4 (4-oz) cans small shrimp, drained and rinsed (or 1 lb salad shrimp)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Heat a heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add curry paste and stir until it begins to stick to pan, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, lime zest, and minced ginger.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and shrimp; cook until cabbage begins to wilt, about 30 seconds
- Stir in lime juice and serve.
NotesA delicious shrimp and cabbage soup made with curry paste and lime zest. Great for a quick weeknight meal with a bit of flair
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More