- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Hot and Sour Cabbage Soup
- Servings: Makes 4 servings
- ¾ teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 8 ounces Napa cabbage, cut crosswise
- 4 (4-oz) cans small shrimp, drained and rinsed (or 1 lb salad shrimp)
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Heat a heavy large pot over medium heat.
- Add curry paste and stir until it begins to stick to pan, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, lime zest, and minced ginger.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and shrimp; cook until cabbage begins to wilt, about 30 seconds
- Stir in lime juice and serve.
NotesA delicious shrimp and cabbage soup made with curry paste and lime zest. Great for a quick weeknight meal with a bit of flair
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
The One Dollar Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More