- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWeekends are so dangerous for me. I just love watching the Food Network on Saturday morning. Then I want to spend all day in the kitchen cooking (and of course eating). These hush puppies sound to good to pass up. Between The Neelys and Paula Deen...I'm really in trouble!!
Recipe courtesy The Neelys
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Cheddar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Orange dipping sauce, recipe follows
- Gina's Orange Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- Preheat deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients together into a large mixing bowl to form a thick batter.
- Dip 2 tablespoon spoons into water.
- Using the spoons scoop up some of the batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Work in batches.
- Fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden and brown.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel lined sheet tray.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli FamilySee More
BROWNIE CUPCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING
Chocolate Chia Protein-Pudding
Bagel PizzaSee More