HOT AND SWEET GRILLED CHICKEN
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Consorzio Organic Baja Lime Marinade
- 1/2 cup Consorzio Organic Mango Cilantro Marinade
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel
- 8 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Fresh cilantro and basil sprigs, for garnish
Puree pineapple, garlic, Consorzio Organic Baja Lime and Mango Cilantro Marinades in a blender until almost smooth.
2. Pour pineapple puree into 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass dish. Add soy sauce, chopped cilantro, chopped basil, black pepper, orange peel and lime peel to puree. Stir to combine.
3. Add chicken to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, turning often. The chicken can be marinated one day ahead, but keep well chilled.
4. Remove chicken from marinade. Using a rubber spatula, lightly scrape excess marinade from chicken.
5. Strain marinade into a heavy medium size saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil. Transfer 1/3 marinade to a small bowl; whisk in honey.
6. Boil remaining marinade until reduced to 1-1/2 cups of sauce. Whisk in butter. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill with oil. Grill chicken until cooked through, turning and basting often with reserved honey marinade, about 10 minutes.
8. Transfer chicken to platter. Garnish with cilantro and basil sprigs. Serve passing sauce separately.