- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 medium pineapple, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Consorzio Organic Baja Lime Marinade
- 1/2 cup Consorzio Organic Mango Cilantro Marinade
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 tsp. grated lime peel
- 8 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- Fresh cilantro and basil sprigs, for garnish
- Puree pineapple, garlic, Consorzio Organic Baja Lime and Mango Cilantro Marinades in a blender until almost smooth.
- 2. Pour pineapple puree into 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass dish. Add soy sauce, chopped cilantro, chopped basil, black pepper, orange peel and lime peel to puree. Stir to combine.
- 3. Add chicken to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, turning often. The chicken can be marinated one day ahead, but keep well chilled.
- 4. Remove chicken from marinade. Using a rubber spatula, lightly scrape excess marinade from chicken.
- 5. Strain marinade into a heavy medium size saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil. Transfer 1/3 marinade to a small bowl; whisk in honey.
- 6. Boil remaining marinade until reduced to 1-1/2 cups of sauce. Whisk in butter. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush grill with oil. Grill chicken until cooked through, turning and basting often with reserved honey marinade, about 10 minutes.
- 8. Transfer chicken to platter. Garnish with cilantro and basil sprigs. Serve passing sauce separately.
NotesThis is a recipe that I make at all my family gatherings. What's really nice about this recipes is the variety of flavors... lime, mango, cilantro... yum!