2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1-2 tablespoon sugar (depending on how sweet you like your cole slaw)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon celery seed
2 cups shredded cabbage
1/4 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (Maull's original or KC Masterpiece brand)
Budweiser beer (or your favorite midwestern beer)
1 lb lean ground beef
k.c. masterpiece barbecue seasoning, to taste
8 slices crisp cooked bacon
4 slices cheddar cheese (optional)
4 wheat hamburger bun
1. Prepare slaw dressing by whisking together vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and celery seeds.
2. Combine dressing with cabbage and onion and mix well.
3. Combine barbecue sauce with a splash of beer. Enjoy the rest of your beer while you cook.
4. Divide beef into four patties. Season to taste with KC Masterpiece BBQ seasoning.
5. Grill burgers to desired doneness.
6. To assemble, place each burger on the bottom half of a bun. Top with cheese, if using, barbecue sauce mixture, bacon, and coleslaw mixture. Add top half of the bun.
** photo by boomette1 at flickr.
Pairs Well With
RECIPE BY: megnbrycesmom, recipezaar.com
"Serve these to your guests and watch them disappear! This recipe was created by the Hot Plate Houdinis for Zaar World Tour III. The challenge was to create a burger representative of one of the regions of the United States. Since Houdini was from the Midwest, we developed this burger, which celebrates the barbecue styles of Missouri, both St. Louis and Kansas City."