- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large artichoke
- 1 lemon
- Wash your artichoke well and cut off the stem so that it is level with the base. Cut off the top quarter as well and discard. A serrated knife works well, as these are tough little buggers.
- Pull off any bruised outer leaves and trim barbs off of ends of the remaining leaves.
- Cut lemon into rounds and line the steamer with lemon.
- Rub a bit of lemon on cut ends of artichoke and place it stem side up in the steamer.
- Fill pot with water until it just touches the bottom of the steamer.
- Cover and boil over medium high heat for 40 minutes or until a fork easily slides into the base.
- Serve with melted butter, fruity olive oil, or spicy aioli.
NotesOne of my favorite little appetizers when served with a spicy aoili. Yum! Don't know how to eat these? Once they are steamed you can pull the leaves off, dunk them in your desired accouterments and place between your teeth. Pull forward, scraping the meat off with your lower teeth.
**Not recommended for serving on a first date.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More