- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 11
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. day old Brioche or French bread
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbs. heavy cream
- 10 1/2 oz. milk
- 1 1/3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 6 oz. huckleberries
- Whisk eggs, egg yolks and sugar together.
- Add cream, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut bread into 1" cubes. Cover with egg mixture.
- Grease a 12" baking dish with butter.
- Pour in half of the bread mixture. Add in half of the huckleberries.
- Top with remaining bread mixture and rest of the berries.
- Cover pan with foil. Poke holes in the top.
- Put pan in a water bath (a larger pan filled halfway with water). If you don't have a larger pan, place a pan of water on the rack below your baking dish in the oven.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour. Serves 11.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More