- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 cups bananas, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Grease and flour three 9” cake pans.
3. Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl; add beaten eggs and oil, stirring until all is very moist – do NOT beat!
- 9 -
Mom’s VVG+ Dessert Recipes
4. Fold in 1 cup nuts, vanilla, pineapple, and bananas; spoon batter into cake pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. (You can also use a Bundt pan and bake it for 1 hour and 15 minutes or a 9” x 13” cake pan and bake if for 45 to 50 minutes.)
5. Remove pan(s) from oven and allow cake to cool in the pan(s) for 10 minutes; remove from pan(s) and allow to cool completely before frosting. Frost then sprinkle with remaining chp’d nuts.
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1½ sticks (12 tablespoons) margarine, softened
1½ boxes powdered sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, chopped
1. Combine first four ingredients in a bowl and beat well.
2. Frost cake then sprinkle with chopped pecans