- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 450g (1lb) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 cup plain (all purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon carb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ground ginger
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs,beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 60g cream cheese, softened
- 30g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar (I think you call it confectioners sugar)
- Preheat oven to moderate.
- Grease 23cm-square slab cake pan,line the base with baking paper.
- Drain pineapple over medium bowl. reserve 1/4 cup syrup.
- Sift flours,soda,spices and sugar into a large bowl. Stir in pineapple, reserved syrup, coconut, banana, eggs and oil. Pour into prepared pan; bake in moderate oven about 50 minutes.Test. Stand cake 5 minutes; turn onto wire rack to cool. Spread cold cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Decorate cake with fresh flowers, if desired; remove flowers to serve.
- Cream cheese frosting...
- Beat cream cheese, butter and essence in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add in icing sugar. Serves 12
- This cake is really wonderful for a special occasion,or a dessert. The blend of flavours make it a real hit in our family, I have made it often.
NotesYou will need about 2 large overripe bananas for this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
MetroCooking DC 2013
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More