- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 450g (1lb) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 cup plain (all purpose) flour
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon carb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ground ginger
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 2 eggs,beaten lightly
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 60g cream cheese, softened
- 30g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar (I think you call it confectioners sugar)
- Preheat oven to moderate.
- Grease 23cm-square slab cake pan,line the base with baking paper.
- Drain pineapple over medium bowl. reserve 1/4 cup syrup.
- Sift flours,soda,spices and sugar into a large bowl. Stir in pineapple, reserved syrup, coconut, banana, eggs and oil. Pour into prepared pan; bake in moderate oven about 50 minutes.Test. Stand cake 5 minutes; turn onto wire rack to cool. Spread cold cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Decorate cake with fresh flowers, if desired; remove flowers to serve.
- Cream cheese frosting...
- Beat cream cheese, butter and essence in a small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add in icing sugar. Serves 12
- This cake is really wonderful for a special occasion,or a dessert. The blend of flavours make it a real hit in our family, I have made it often.
NotesYou will need about 2 large overripe bananas for this recipe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Delightful DessertsSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More