- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple,
- drained (reserve 1/4 cup juice to add to batter)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped black walnuts
- 2 cups chopped or mashed bananas, 4-6 medium to large ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon together several times. Put into mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vegetable oil.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do NOT beat with a mixer.
- Stir in vanilla, the crushed pineapple, the reserved 1/4 cup pineapple juice, the chopped black walnuts, and the chopped pecans, then add the chopped or mashed bananas.
- Spoon the batter into 3 well-greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Keep cake stored in refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More