- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple,
- drained (reserve 1/4 cup juice to add to batter)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped black walnuts
- 2 cups chopped or mashed bananas, 4-6 medium to large ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon together several times. Put into mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vegetable oil.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do NOT beat with a mixer.
- Stir in vanilla, the crushed pineapple, the reserved 1/4 cup pineapple juice, the chopped black walnuts, and the chopped pecans, then add the chopped or mashed bananas.
- Spoon the batter into 3 well-greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Keep cake stored in refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More