- Cooking Time: 25-30
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple,
- drained (reserve 1/4 cup juice to add to batter)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped black walnuts
- 2 cups chopped or mashed bananas, 4-6 medium to large ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon together several times. Put into mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vegetable oil.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Do NOT beat with a mixer.
- Stir in vanilla, the crushed pineapple, the reserved 1/4 cup pineapple juice, the chopped black walnuts, and the chopped pecans, then add the chopped or mashed bananas.
- Spoon the batter into 3 well-greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn onto cooling rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Keep cake stored in refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More