- Cooking Time: 45 min
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 6 Yellow Potatoes (about 5 cups peeled and cubed)
- 1 1/3 cup Sabra Hummus
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 lemon (cut into 6 wedges)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley (finely chopped
- Peel the potatoes and place in a bowl of water to cover (this will prevent discoloration).
- Cut the potatoes into 1 1/2 inch cubes and place in a medium sized pot with enough water to cover and ¼ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes, or until a fork goes gently through the potatoes.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes and place back into the pot over medium heat until the moisture comes out of the potatoes and they appear dry. (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from the heat. In the same pot start mashing the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Add 1 1/3 cup Sabra hummus and 2 Tablespoons Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a sprinkling of fresh parsley and serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze over top.
NotesVery creamy and healthier than regular mashed potatoes...
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More