Why I Love This Recipe
I found this recipe on the internet some time ago while looking for a more substantial way to use up left over hummus beside an appetizer topping. This is a very tasty recipe and can be changed easily to suit different tastes. Try experiementing with different hummus flavors and toppings or make an array for your guests to make their own. Great way to introduuce kids to a more nutricious alternative to delivery pizza.
Ingredients You'll Need
· 2 (7-inch) whole wheat pitas, split horizontally
· 1 cup refrigerated hummus
· 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
· 1/2 cup chopped tomato
· 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
· 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
· 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Place pita halves on an ungreased baking sheet; bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Spread 1/4 cup hummus on each pita half; top each with 2 tablespoons feta cheese.
3. Bake at 400° for 6 to 7 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top each pizza evenly with tomato and remaining 3 ingredients. Serve immediately.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: