- Cooking Time: 5
- Preparation Time: 10
- 16- oz can of garbanzo beans, drain and save liquid
- 2 Tbsp Tahini (found in a jar, usually in the oriental section of grocery store)
- 2 cloves fresh garlic or 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil or sesame oil (optional, max phase only)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Food processor will work better. Process until smooth. Use saved bean liquid if you need to, 2 Tbsp at a time. This will help smooth the mix if you are using a blender. Serve immediately or refrigerate and keep for up to a week.
- You can also add 1/2 C red bell pepper to the mix and 1/2 tsp chili powder to give it a kick.
NotesGreat snack option! Enjoy with slices of red pepper for the cleanse phase. Avoid wheat products and oil during your cleanse. During the max phase, you may also enjoy with whole-grain pita bread or whole-grain tortillas.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More