- Servings: 2 cups
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic (more if you dare), minced
- splash of olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Braggs or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice or 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup jalepeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
In a small saucepan, saute onions and garlic in a splash of oil on medium heat until onions are translucent.
In a blender or food processor, blend the sauted onions, chickpeas, tahini, Braggs, lemon juice, parsley, jalepeno, cumin, cayenne, and salt until you reach the desired consistency.