- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb cooked garbanzos
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 T toasted sesame seed
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Puree or blend garbanzos, garlic, cumin, paprika, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
- Blend until a smooth paste; like “not too stiff mashed potatoes.”
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Drizzle a little olive oil.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and paprika.
- Garnish with whole garbanzos.
NotesGood as a dip with pita chips or fresh veggies, or as a spread on sandwiches.
Adapted from recipes learned from Israeli visitors to Illinois in the 1970s.
See separate recipes for Falafel and Tahini.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More