- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb cooked garbanzos
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 T toasted sesame seed
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Chopped parsley
- Puree or blend garbanzos, garlic, cumin, paprika, sesame oil, and sesame seeds.
- Blend until a smooth paste; like “not too stiff mashed potatoes.”
- Add lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Drizzle a little olive oil.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and paprika.
- Garnish with whole garbanzos.
NotesGood as a dip with pita chips or fresh veggies, or as a spread on sandwiches.
Adapted from recipes learned from Israeli visitors to Illinois in the 1970s.
See separate recipes for Falafel and Tahini.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
The Social Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More